2 lb Primacy Minced Lamb
2 lb Local Potatoes, peeled
100 ml Milk
250 ml Beef/Vegetable stock (use gluten free stock)
Large knob of butter
1 red Onion , peel and chop
2 Carrots, peel & chop into cubes
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Small bunch of fresh rosemary
2 tbsp Tomato puree
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Cheddar Cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Add the red onion, carrot , garlic and rosemary leaves and cook until soft (approx. 8-10 mins ~ stir occasionally).
- Turn up the heat and add the lamb mince and cook until brown. Remove any excess fat and add the tomato puree, stir in the puree and cook for a few minutes more.
- Pour over the stock and simmer on a reduced heat for approx. 40 minutes.
- Turn on the oven and pre-heat to 190 c and begin to work on the mash.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and add the milk and butter. Mash until smooth.
- Place the mince evenly over the base of an oven proof dish and spoon the mash over the top. (Optionally ~ sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top of the mash before baking to give a warm caramelised colour)
- Bake for approx 25 minutes in the pre-heated oven until golden in colour and the mince is bubbling at the edges.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped parsley and serve.