1 no. Pork Fillet, sliced diagonally, approx. ¾ inch thick
3 tbsp Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Butter
1 Red Onion, medium slices
2 Apples, peeled & sliced
1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Slice the Pork Fillet as suggested and place in a bowl. Pour the cider vinegar over the meat to marinate for approx. 10 minutes.
- Dry the slices of pork with kitchen roll and season with the sea salt & black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a high heat and add the medallions. Cook each side for approx. 3 – 4 minutes (check cooked enough for your taste before removing the pan~ cook for a further few minutes if you would prefer). Remove when cooked to your liking and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat of the pan and add the butter, onions and brown sugar. Cook until they start to turn brown. Add the apples and a sprinkle of nutmeg and cook for approx. another 5 mins until the apples have softened.
- Place the caramelised onion and apples onto plates and serve with the pork medallions.
Great served with Baby Boiled Potatoes and fine beans.