- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- butter or olive oil
1. Make the batter – crack the egg into a large mixing bowl. Add the flour, milk and a pinch of salt. Whisk into a smooth batter.
2. On a medium heat, prepare a flat pan with small knob of butter or a drizzle of olive oil – tilt the pan to spread the oil or melted butter out evenly.
3. Add the batter to the pan, in pancakes sized amounts.
4. Each pancake should take about 1 to 2 minutes, to cook. Look out for the little bubbles appearing on the surface. Check that the bottom of the pancake is golden before flipping.
5. When the pancakes cooked, stack them on a plate and add anything you want! Lemon, sugar, maple syrup, chic chips, ice cream, bacon etc and ENJOY!