x3 Primacy Chicken Fillets
450g Penne Pasta
1 or 2 packets of Primacy Tobacco onions
x1 Large onion
x2 Cloves of Garlic
250g Button mushrooms
150ml Dry white wine
250ml Double Cream
Half a chicken stock cube
Few sprigs of Thyme
Handful of Parsley
A few knobs of butter
- Dice the chicken and using a medium to large frying pan or saucepan brown the diced chicken in some olive oil for about 5mins – keeping it moving around the pan so it does not burn. When browned remove from the pan.
- Chop the onion (any size will work) and cut the mushrooms in half. Use the same pan that you used for the chicken and with a few knobs of butter cook on a medium heat until the mushrooms are browned a little and the onions are becoming translucent. Season to taste and add some chopped thyme.
- Add the browned chicken to the pan with the onions and mushrooms and allow to get hot. Pour in the wine and using a wooden spoon rub the bottom of the pan so that it looks clean as any cooking residue dissolves in the wine. When the wine has mostly evaporated, using the half stock cube make up a cup full of stock and add to the pan and allow to reduce by half. When reduced add the cream and give it all a really good stir. Allow the sauce to just about boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer. Let the sauce reduce for about 10mins.
- While the sauce is reducing start to cook the pasta in a saucepan with a little salt and olive oil added. As the pasta is cooking add the two cloves of garlic to the sauce using a garlic press or finely chop and crush with a knife. You could also heat the tobacco onions in the oven to prepare to serve them.
- When cooked drain the pasta and add it to the cream sauce using whichever pan is big enough. Mix well and portion into bowls. Add some finely chopped parsley and stack each portion with a hand full of tobacco onions.
- Serve with a tasty rocket salad and glass of your favourite wine!