Some Meat Tips:
Shopping & Storage
- Ideally when shopping for fresh meat you should use an insulated bag to keep the meat cold on the journey home, this is especially important in hot weather. It is important to return the product to a fridge as soon as possible.
- Check your fridge is operating at 4-5°C
- Remove the meat from the plastic bag as plastic causes the meat to sweat. Transfer the product into a container and cover loosely with foil to allow air to circulate.
- Place the meat in the bottom of the fridge to avoid raw meat juices from dripping onto other produce.
- Do not store cooked and raw meat in the same container.
Treat your meat with respect...
You’ll taste the difference!